Using a combination of charcoal pencils and chalks, or dry pastel pencils and chalks, you will produce your own compositions interpreting subjects ranging from still life to human figures. You’ll learn drawing methods including outline, contour, shading, blending, detailing and connectedness and explore perspective, proportion, and more. Class size limited to 7 students. Please see the LCE website for a list of supplies to be purchased prior to the first class.
Alma Bella Solis is an artist, designer and calligrapher who has been teaching art to adults and children for nearly 20 years.
Please bring to first class:
– 18″ x 24″ Drawing pad (not sketch pad)
– Charcoal pencils kit (comes in a package of soft or light, medium, dark or hard, knead eraser, sharpener. Brand names may be General’s, Derwent, Conte)
– Charcoal chalks (may come in a package of 4 chalks that are 2B, 4B, 6B)
– Tri-tip eraser (for pastels)
– Set of pastel chalks (brand names may be Rembrandt, Prismacolor, Alphacolor, Conte)
– Easel (maybe for table top or, floor)
– Blending stumps (comes in a package of various sizes)