Join us this fall as we learn to draw and paint realistic people, animals and the landscapes of the natural world. With his relaxed yet structured classroom style, teacher, artist Robert Butler will guide students of all levels and learning styles through the essential art techniques needed to explore and render realistic compositions of their favorite subjects. Students will gain confidence and expand their skills with classroom demonstrations and individual instruction. All diagrams and charts will be provided. Each student will create artwork based on the subject
of their choice in the art medium which they are most comfortable with.Included: Mixing Nature’s Color Palette, Human and Animal Anatomy, Habitat Landscapes, Composition and more.
Please have the following supplies on hand for class:
– One or more Drawing pencils with hardness in the 2B to 5B range
– Artist’s kneaded eraser
– Small pad of mixed media artists paper
– For painting in acrylics the following colors: Red, yellow, blue, green, purple, orange plus black and white
– Paint brushes: synthetic fine liner “”0”, Round #8, and Flat #10.
– Optional: Images you wish to use as your subject
Robert Butler’s work has been shown at the Smithsonian, on Science based television and is held in private collections worldwide.