Throughout history, people have been inspired by the beauty of animals and the natural world. Join us as we learn the essential art techniques needed to render portraits of your pets and a variety of rainforest animals and their habitat landscapes. Students of all levels will gain confidence and expand their skills with classroom demonstrations and individual instruction. All diagrams and charts will be provided. Each student will create artwork based on the subject of their choice. Included: Mixing Nature’s Color Palette, Animal Anatomy, Habitat Landscapes, Composition and more.
Please have the following supplies on hand for class:
– One or more Drawing pencils with hardness in the 2B to 5B range
– Artist’s kneaded eraser
– Small pad of mixed media artists paper
– For painting in acrylics the following colors: Red, yellow, blue, green, purple, orange plus black and white
– Paint brushes: synthetic fine liner “”0”, Round #8, and Flat #10.
– Optional: Images you wish to use as your subject
Robert Butler’s work has been shown at the Smithsonian, on Science based television and is held in private collections worldwide.