Since the settlement of Concord in 1635, the 300 acres that became Mattison Farm consisted of as many as five separate farms that used the land for tillage, pasture, and woodlots. About 1870, an Irish immigrant farmer, John O ’Keefe, assembled the separate lots into a successful dairy farming operation. On O ’Keefe ’s death in 1916 the land and business was sold to Fred Jones who developed Old Acres Dairy, a self-sustaining dairy farm that included every step of the business from growing silage, raising heifers, milking cows, pasteurizing and bottling milk, to delivering it. The Town of Concord purchased the Mattison Farm in 1997. We will traverse the farmland as well as the nearby Concord River basin.