We will explore using a variety of 2D art materials and techniques
including: drawing, collage, and painting and more! We will look at a variety of sources for inspiration, such as famous artists, nature, and books and we will watch videos and/or slideshows to combine art history with art making. We will have so much fun making colorful artwork together!
Katie Bettencourt is a grade K-5 Art teacher at the Hastings School.
Supplies to be provided by parents:
You may have many of these supplies already at home. I’ve provided suggestions to some of my favorite brands, but feel free to substitute or use whatever you might have at home.
– Color pencils (Crayola color pencils)
– Markers (Mr. Sketch marker stix)
– Oil Pastels (Crayola Oil Pastels or Sakura Oil Pastels
– Watercolor (Jack Richeson tempera watercolors or Crayola Watercolors)
– Brushes (Elisel 10 Pcs Paint Brushes Watercolor Brushes)
– Glue: liquid and/or glue stick
– At least 80# drawing paper, either in pieces or a sketchbook 9”x12” and 12”x18”
– Construction paper (variety of colors)
– We will also be using a variety of recycled materials, like toilet paper rolls,