Have you ever wondered about stars in our galaxy? Have you ever looked up and seen Orion’s Belt, and wondered why it’s called that? Join us as we explore the galaxy! We will hear and watch the awesome myths behind these constellations. We will explore the sky above us using Sky Night. We will also learn about the different types of stars and create models over the course of the week. Finally we will create our own constellations and write the myths that go along with them,while incorporating poems into this exploration!
Folasade Finnih is a 4th Grade teacher at the Hastings School.
Students will need to the following materials:
– Computers (for virtual lesson)
– Ipads with the Night Sky or Sky Walk 2
– Construction paper (black or dark purple)
– Metallic Sharpie (Silver and Gold)
– Craypas (different colors)
– Plain white paper
– Pipe cleaners
– Sparkly pompoms