Explore street art and graffiti culture using some mediums (tools) and skills of the art form itself. We will review the deep and layered history of street art and create a mural painting, 8 Bit Mosaic, Spray Can Colllage/Mixed Media Piece and more. Through this course, students will get a sample history of artists/creators as well as resources to different artists and artwork.
Samuel Aman is a Grade 6-8 Visual Arts teacher at the Diamond Middle School.
Supply List to be provided by Parents:
– Any recycling Material found around the house i.e. cardboard, cardstock, newspaper, etc.
– Drawing Materials i.e. pencils, erasers, markers, pens
– Acrylic Paint or Watercolors
– Paint Brushes
– Elmer’s Glue Stic or Regular Elmer’s Glue
– Containers for water and brushes
– Paper for Drawing or a Large Sketchbook