Please note: While you can register one child for multiple classes on one order, please create a new order for each additional child. Lexplorations registrations can not be processed over the telephone, by fax, e-mail, or in-person.
Register using a Visa or MasterCard. A $30 per class/per student, non-refundable deposit will hold your space in each program until the May 1, 2021 balance due date. Upon securing your space with an initial deposit, the remainder of the balance can be paid from within your personal Lexplorations website account at anytime on or before May 1, 2021.
Please note: Lexplorations registrations can not be processed over the telephone, by fax, e-mail, or in-person.
IN-PERSON PROGRAM LOCATIONS
In-Person Lexplorations classes will meet at the Estabrook Elementary School (117 Grove Street), and Lexington High School (251 Waltham Street). The location (Estabrook or LHS) for each individual In-Person program is noted in the class description.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP
To limit the number of students entering/exiting the elementary school building at the same time this summer, Lexplorations will have staggered drop-off and pickup times.
Staggered drop off will take place between 8:30-9:00am, and staggered pick up will take place between 2:30-3:00pm.
Due to the staggered drop off/pick up, class content at Estabrook will run from 9:00am-2:30pm.
Detailed drop off/pick up directions will be included in the parent packet that will be emailed prior to the start of Lexplorations.
IN-PERSON CLASS SIZE & CLASS TIME
• Class size is determined by the guidelines established by the Lexington Public Schools for room occupancy.
• Most in-person classes have a minimum enrollment of 6 students and a maximum of 10 students.
• We will notify you if your child’s program must be canceled due to low enrollment. Students in canceled classes often find other Lexplorations programs of interest in which to enroll.
• If a program is filled, you can add your child to a waitlist on our website. We will contact you if a space becomes available. There are also a large variety of remote learning options available for all grade levels.
Lexplorations 2021 includes a remote learning program for students entering Grades K-9. Classes will be held via Zoom.
• Programs for students entering Grades K-2 are one hour.
• Programs for students entering Grades 3-9 are 2.5 hours.
Programs that list multiple weeks are the same in content unless specifically noted in the description.
DEPOSITS, CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS, AND WITHDRAWALS
• All registrations will be held with a non-refundable deposit of $30 per class. The deposit will be put toward the class tuition and the balance will be due May 1, 2021.
• If the balance is not paid in full by the due date of May 1 your child’s space in the program can not be guaranteed.
• All changes to a student’s registration/schedule must be completed by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• A $15 “switch fee” will be charged for each change to a child’s registration.
• All tuition is returned if Lexplorations cancels a class.
• If you withdraw from a program prior to May 10, 50% of tuition will be refunded minus the $30 non-refundable deposit, per class registration.
• If you withdraw from a program between May 11 and June 1, 25% of tuition will be refunded minus the $30 non-refundable deposit per class registration.
• If you withdraw from a program after June 2, all tuition will be forfeited.
• As part of the Lexington Public Schools, Lexplorations follows all LPS COVID guidelines.
NO AFTER/BEFORE SCHOOL PROGRAMS
To ensure sufficient time for enhanced cleaning procedures in the school buildings Lexplorations is unable to offer Before or After school programming this summer.
HIGH SCHOOL AIDES
At this point in time we do not anticipate having aides in the classrooms this summer.
The Lexplorations nurse is stationed at Estabrook but is available by phone and “on-call” for programs at LHS. The nurse’s hours are from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Please Note: There is no nurse on duty during the before school or after-school program. All information regarding a child’s allergy (ies) provided to Lexplorations will be shared with the classroom teacher and Lexplorations nurse.
A MESSAGE FROM THE LEXPLORATIONS SUMMER NURSE
As we prepare for Lexplorations, we thought a reminder of important safety measures would be helpful. It is the responsibility of each of us to continue to be diligent in practicing the mitigation measures to help successfully stop the spread of COVID 19 in our buildings. We have been hugely successful thus far, let’s keep at it and #LexStoptheSpread. Prior to coming to Lexplorations each day, you must comply with a daily attestation of wellness. If you are sick, stay home! If you have questions about coming to Lexplorations after a potential exposure you can refer to this document and/or contact the Nurse. Continue to practice good respiratory and hand hygiene in conjunction with wearing a mask.
– Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow when you cough/sneeze
– If your mask becomes soiled or wet, replace it. Make sure to bring several masks to Lexplorations each day. If needed, come to the health office and we will give you a new one
Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer regularly.
– Wet your hands
– Lather your hands with soap
– Scrub for 20 seconds
– Rinse, and dry with paper towels
– Use the paper towel to shut off the faucet
Wash your hands:
– Before and after eating
– Before and after touching your face mask
Wash your hands after:
– Blowing your nose
– Coughing, sneezing
– Touching high contact areas (i.e. doorknobs)
Remember: WASH YOUR HANDS, WASH YOUR HANDS, WASH YOUR HANDS!
Tips for wearing your mask:
– Masks should fit properly, snugly around the nose and chin with no large gaps around the sides of the face.
- Avoid frequently touching your mask and face
- Masks should be washed regularly- ideally after every wear.
A mask is not a substitute for physical distancing.
- Remain active
- Eat a healthy balanced diet and stay hydrated
- Get at least 6-8 hours of sleep each night
- Monitor your stress level
- Care for yourself. Practice some self care!
Thank you all for your active participation in keeping the health and safety of our school community in the forefront of our daily activities. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
We look forward to being together at Lexplorations.
In good health,
Claire O’Connell, Lexplorations Nurse