If applying Lexplorations Credit to the modified/new online offerings, when an individual class has been selected, please select the “Apply Credit” option from the Price dropdown. It will change the amount to $0.00, then click the Register button. For all other registrations, please choose the standard tuition, and pay using a Visa or MasterCard at checkout.
Please note: Lexplorations registrations can not be processed over the telephone, by fax, email, or in-person.
ONLINE PROGRAM PLATFORM
As a self-supporting program of the Lexington Public Schools, Lexplorations 2020 is dedicated to providing engaging and effective remote enrichment opportunities for our students, and carefully follows the guidelines for remote learning as set by LPS.
Summer 2020 Lexplorations programs will take place on the Google Meet secure video conferencing platform. After registering, and before the start date of your program, login information will be emailed to the parent/guardian email address that was used to register.
Prior to engaging in Lexplorations online, we wish to clarify expectations around the appropriate use of virtual technologies for educational and enrichment purposes. Please review and agree to the following Remote Disclaimer standards and guidelines for online enrichment by checking the liability waiver box below.
Acceptable Use Remote Policy and Procedures
1. Lexplorations strictly prohibits screenshots, pictures, audio/video recording, and distribution of any virtual educational experience in order to protect student privacy, proactively prevent potential cyberbullying, prevent the distribution of copyrighted materials, and comply with Massachusetts law. Please note that in Massachusetts, it is illegal to record another person through any medium without his or her knowledge.
2. Students, and where appropriate parents/guardians, agree to engage in remote educational experiences in a quiet, private area to the extent practicable given the circumstances, in order to minimize background noise and distractions and to protect the integrity of student engagement as well as student confidentiality.
3. Parents/guardians and other household members who normally are not privy to the day-to-day classroom and group service discussions agree to respect and keep confidential any personal or private information (e.g., disability status) inadvertently discovered about other students due to proximity during our session.
For all additional questions, concerns, or inquiries, parties may contact: Craig Hall, Director of Lexplorations/Lexington Community Education at email@example.com, or 781-862-8043.
- Programs that list multiple weeks are the same in content unless specifically noted in the description.
- Programs that list morning and afternoon options contain the same content in the morning and afternoon session each day.
- Class size is generally limited to 12 students.
- Most classes have a minimum enrollment of 6 students.
- We will notify you if your child’s program must be canceled due to low enrollment. Students in canceled classes often find other Lexplorations programs of interest in which to enroll.
- If a program is filled, you can add your child to a waitlist on our website. We will contact you if a space becomes available.
CANCELLATIONS, CHANGES AND WITHDRAWALS
- All changes to a student’s registration/schedule must be completed by email.
- A $10 “switch fee” will be charged for each change to a child’s registration.
- All tuition is returned if Lexplorations cancels a class.
- If you withdraw from an online program before the program begins, or after the first session/before the second session, tuition will be refunded minus a $15 processing fee, per class. No refunds will be given for withdrawal after the second session begins.
- Limited scholarship assistance (up to a 50% reduction/$500 family maximum) is available for Lexington residents. Please call for details.